General terms & conditions
- Information and specifications for each of the recumbents listed on our website has been compiled based on information provided by the manufacturers.
- Specifications and components are subject to change without notice.
- Test riding is done by appointment only. Please see our appointment policies for further discussion. We charge $25/hour for test rides, but that is applied to your future purchase of a bike or trike from Bent Up Cycles.
- Recumbents available for test riding may change based on inventory levels; please contact Bent Up Cycles prior to your visit to confirm availability.
- Customers must adhere to all traffic and bicycle safety laws.
- Pricing is based on the manufacturer’s suggested retail price (MSRP).
- Some recumbents shipped from Europe may have additional pass-through shipping costs which are added to the price.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.
Cycle Sales – All cycle sales, new and used, are final.
Used Cycle Sales
- Used recumbents are the property of their original owners, not Bent Up Cycles (used recumbents are sold on ‘consignment’).
- Pricing of used recumbents is set by original owners; any offers for below less than stated price need to be agreed to by the original owners.
- All recumbents are sold in ‘as is’ condition. We do a complete tune up on all consignment bikes to ensure that the cycle is in good mechanical working order.
- There is no warranty or implied guarantee on used cycles by Bent Up Cycles.
- While we do have an extensive inventory, it’s impossible to carry all makes, models, configurations, and colors of recumbents.
- Bent Up Cycles can special order a recumbent once we confirm details and construct a quote. Extra shipping charges may apply, especially on overseas orders.
- Once the quote is signed-off, a 75% non-refundable deposit is required to place the special order. The balance is due once the recumbent arrives at the shop and is ready for pick-up.
Returns & Exchanges
- New recumbents purchased in-store, used recumbents, special orders, and specially-priced or sale items are not eligible for return.
- Frames, drivetrain, and power assist motors and batteries must be evaluated for performance prior to return as items of this nature are under warranty by the manufacturer. Returns are only granted if the manufacturer agrees to return.
- Returns must be received within 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. To be eligible for a return, the item must be unused and in the same condition it was purchased. The item must be in the original packaging accompanied by proof of purchase, e.g. original receipt.
- Exchanges must be made within 30 calendar days from the date of purchase. To be eligible for an exchange, the item must be unused and in the same condition it was purchased. The item must be in the original packaging, including proof of purchase. Item can be exchanged for same model or model of equal value depending on in-stock inventory.
Selling Cycles on Consignment
- Bent Up Cycles agrees to actively market and sell recumbents on seller’s behalf, within the agreed upon selling price parameters, in exchange for 40% commission without any new recumbent purchase or 30% commission with the purchase of any new recumbent, or $450, whichever is more. If parts are needed to make the recumbent rideable, the cost of these parts will be deducted from the payment sent to the consignee upon sale of the cycle.
- Once the recumbent is sold, seller will receive payment less the above commission due to Bent Up Cycles in a form agreeable to both parties. Typically, payments are made via check, Zelle or Paypal.
- If the recumbent does not sell within 90 days, seller will be contacted to discuss a lower price or to pick-up the recumbent.